Scholarships.com Computer Science Scholarship
June 9, 2008
by Paulina MisAs a means of promoting diversity and developing talent, Scholarships.com has created a new set of scholarships for high school students and undergraduate students. The “Fund Your Future” Area of Study College Scholarship consists of thirteen $1,000 prizes to be granted to students who pursue a postsecondary education in one of thirteen designated fields and 185 related majors.
Among them is the Scholarships.com Computer Science Scholarship, an award for students who plan to or are already majoring in computer science and related areas of study. Over the last decade, computer science has become an increasingly popular major, one that has contributed to cutting-edge technology and addictive gadgetry.
If you’re interested in being a part of the computer industry, start now. Enroll in your college of interest, and we’ll help you pay for it. To apply for this essay scholarship, respond to the following question in 250 to 350 words (entries that fall outside of this word range will be disqualified):
“What has influenced your decision to pursue a career in computer science?”
1. Applicant must be a registered Scholarships.com user. Creating an account is simple and free of charge.
2. Applicant must be a US citizen
3. Applicant must be undergraduate student or a high school senior who plans to enroll in a college or university in the coming fall
4. Applicant must have indicated an interest in one of the following majors:
• Computer Science
• Computer Technology
• Drafting/Computer Aided Design
• Information Systems Engineering
• Information Technology
• Satellite Imagery
August 30, 2008
A 250 to 350 word response to the following question: “What has influenced your decision to pursue a career in computer science?”
Further details about the application process can be found by conducting a free college scholarship search. Once the search is completed, students eligible for the award will find it in their scholarship list.