.Net Web Developer
Greater Chicago Area
We are looking for additional team members to use their development skills to help students find money for college while working in a fun and dynamic environment. Here you are much more than just a number and get an opportunity to contribute to something that provides benefits for all involved.
The Available Position
The Internet moves fast and so does the development team at Scholarships.com. With the continued shift to mobile computing and increasing diversity of screen sizes, it is more important than ever to continue evolving Scholarships.com to ensure a best in class user experience on both desktop and mobile devices for our 5+ million annual visitors.
You will be a key member of the Scholarships.com tech team and responsible for designing and full stack development of future iterations of Scholarships.com, related websites and internal business support tools.
This is an "in-office" position, so applicants must be able to commute to our Highland Park office daily, M-F. Telecommuting is not an option.
- Experience building web applications using C# or VB.Net
- Knowledge of the MVC architecture
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL server
- Familiarity with Responsive Design Techniques
- Ability to handle multiple projects/assignments and manage time efficiently
- Team player who can also work independently
- College degree and/or requisite experience
- Mobile app/website development is a big plus
Scholarships.com is the leading college and scholarship search on the Internet and has helped more than 15 million students fund their education since we opened our virtual doors in 1998. As we continue to grow, we are focused on continuing to help students and colleges find and match to one other and establish a relationship to foster a desirable outcome for both.
Perks/Stuff We Offer
- Student Loan Assistance
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO Insurance (zero employee contribution)
- Paid vacation & personal/sick days plus major holidays
- Casual dress code
- Fully-stocked fridge/pantry/food/beverage
- Catered Friday Lunches
Submit your resume including a cover letter explaining how you measure up to the position we described that also conveys your personality. Cover letters are highly encouraged.
Resumes with cover letters including salary requirements will be fast-tracked.! All applicants will be kept confidential. We appreciate all interest but we can only contact those applicants with whom we wish to proceed further.
To apply or request more information, please email tech_at_scholarships_dot_com.