.Net Web Developer
Fulton Market Chicago and Highland Park, Illinois
Scholarships.com is searching for forward-thinking, creative and passionate .NET Web Developers who want to put their technical talents to good use by developing innovative applications that are highly valuable to one of the leading boutique search engines in its industry.
As a .NET Web Developer for Scholarships.com you will play an integral hands-on role in the creation, modification, and maintenance of scalable web applications to support daily business operations and marketing endeavors. From abstract ideation to polished implementation, you’ll get the opportunity to work with the latest versions of all tools and keep up with the rapid evolution of other frameworks as you go along.
Our ideal .NET Web Developer is well rounded with a strong base skillset and aptitude to grow into new technologies, methodologies, and toolsets. With the growing shift toward mobile computing, candidates should possess experience developing mobile friendly user interfaces and actively stay on top of trends.
- Work with tech team to design and develop visually appealing, responsive websites
- Optimize and test features across all major browsers on both desktop and mobile devices
- Care for and enhance internal CRM, invoicing, marketing and reporting systems
- Participate in code reviews and test-driven development
- Troubleshoot and provide continuous maintenance and upgrades of websites
- Build and update data links with trading partners using custom APIs
- Write Ad-Hoc SQL queries for management analysis
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 3 years development experience with some in web and mobile platform development
- Working knowledge of ASP.Net, MVC, SQL, C#, CSS, HTML, JQuery, Mobile UI
- Knowledge and understanding of application processes, from design and development to testing, implementation, and support
- Proficiency at gathering and interpreting requirements for new/enhanced features
- Advanced understanding of at least one programming language
- Working directly with product managers and senior leadership to conceive, design, and build solutions
- Identifying and optimizing inefficient processes and systems bottlenecks
- Experience writing responsive front end code
What You Can Expect from Us
- 100% premium paid Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO Health insurance, low copay
- Student Loan Assistance
- 401(k) with company match
- 15 days Paid Time Off, including vacation, sick/personal days plus 7 days off for holidays
- Casual dress code
- Fully stocked break room with snacks, coffee, tea, etc.
- Easy commute: Highland Park office short walk to Metra / West Loop office, WeWork Fulton, short walk to Green Line/Pink Line
- Your office computer, your choice; PC or Mac
- Open office environment
Submit your resume including a cover letter explaining how you measure up to the position we described that also conveys your personality. Cover letters are very important to us.
We appreciate all interest but we can only contact those applicants with whom we wish to proceed further.