Simplify Scholarship Essay Writing
When entering college scholarship essay contests, it is very important to practice sound organizational skills. Even though each scholarship application essay question will be different, there is certain information you are likely to need for several forms. It is in your best interest to pull relevant documents together and keep them in one place so you won’t have to keep digging up the same information over and over. Setting up a file for all of your scholarship application forms and the information needed to fill them out will go a long way toward helping simplify scholarship essay writing.
Each scholarship will have different requirements. For instance, the Rhodes Scholarship requires a 1,000-word essay in which you explain the reasons why you want to study at Oxford. No matter whether you are applying for a local scholarship or one as prestigious as the Rhodes Scholarship, it’s important to stay organized.
- Avoid waiting until the last minute to complete scholarship applications.
- Create a calendar of scholarship essay competition deadlines and check it regularly.
- Draft a list of extracurricular activities and keep it updated.
- Keep all scholarship application forms in a file.
- Keep a copy of your most recent transcript in your file.
- Make a list of names and contact information for people who can write recommendation letters for you.
- Store your scholarship application essays on your computer and keep a back up copy on a CD or flash drive.
- Apply for Scholarships
- Create Success: Find Money for College
- Etiquette and the Scholarship Search
- Finding Scholarships; How & Where to Look
- High School Students: Investigate Scholarship Options Early
- Scholarship Application
- Scholarship Application Deadlines
- Scholarship Essays: Efficient Scholarship Essay Writing for the Uninitiated
- Scholarship Guidelines; Help Us Help You Find Scholarships
- Scholarship Strategy: Creating a Successful Approach
- Scholarship Strategy: The Scholarship Application Process
- Simplify Scholarship Essay Writing: Get Organized
- The Scholarship Letter of Recommendation
- Tips for Formatting Scholarship Application Essays
- Top 10 Tips for Directing a Scholarship-Worthy Video
- Top 10 Tips for Writing Effective Scholarship Essays
- Winning Scholarships; Attention to Detail Will Pay Off
- Write A Scholarship-Worthy Essay
- Featured Scholarships
- LGBTQ Scholarships
- Scholarship Application Strategies
- Scholarship Directory
- Scholarship Information
- Scholarships by Grade Level
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships Trending Now
- Scholarships.com Scholarships
- Sports Scholarships
- Success Stories
Latest College & Financial Aid News
March 21, 2017
by Susan Dutca
Finding a way to pay for college is a whole mess in itself. Add to that the stress of filling out a FAFSA and now, the removal of a key I.R.S. tool that made the process somewhat less difficult, and you have millions of students in limbo, panicking about how they will pay for college. [...]
March 14, 2017
by Susan Dutca
Although many students admit they're embarrassed to ask for money, crowdfunding has proven to be successful for students with the help of friends, families, colleagues and even strangers. [...]
March 9, 2017
by Susan Dutca
March is National Women's History Month, and while we observe and celebrate the many females that brought forth change and exemplary contributions to our society, we want to give you some opportunities to pursue your dreams - without the financial burden. Ladies, check out these scholarship opportunities reserved for women only: [...]