Simplify Scholarship Essay Writing
When entering college scholarship essay contests, it is very important to practice sound organizational skills. Even though each scholarship application essay question will be different, there is certain information you are likely to need for several forms. It is in your best interest to pull relevant documents together and keep them in one place so you won’t have to keep digging up the same information over and over. Setting up a file for all of your scholarship application forms and the information needed to fill them out will go a long way toward helping simplify scholarship essay writing.
Each scholarship will have different requirements. For instance, the Rhodes Scholarship requires a 1,000-word essay in which you explain the reasons why you want to study at Oxford. No matter whether you are applying for a local scholarship or one as prestigious as the Rhodes Scholarship, it’s important to stay organized.
- Avoid waiting until the last minute to complete scholarship applications.
- Create a calendar of scholarship essay competition deadlines and check it regularly.
- Draft a list of extracurricular activities and keep it updated.
- Keep all scholarship application forms in a file.
- Keep a copy of your most recent transcript in your file.
- Make a list of names and contact information for people who can write recommendation letters for you.
- Store your scholarship application essays on your computer and keep a back up copy on a CD or flash drive.
- Apply for Scholarships
- Create Success: Find Money for College
- Etiquette and the Scholarship Search
- Finding Scholarships; How & Where to Look
- High School Students: Investigate Scholarship Options Early
- Scholarship Application
- Scholarship Application Deadlines
- Scholarship Essays: Efficient Scholarship Essay Writing for the Uninitiated
- Scholarship Guidelines; Help Us Help You Find Scholarships
- Scholarship Strategy: Creating a Successful Approach
- Scholarship Strategy: The Scholarship Application Process
- Simplify Scholarship Essay Writing: Get Organized
- The Scholarship Letter of Recommendation
- Tips for Formatting Scholarship Application Essays
- Top 10 Tips for Directing a Scholarship-Worthy Video
- Top 10 Tips for Writing Effective Scholarship Essays
- Winning Scholarships; Attention to Detail Will Pay Off
- Write A Scholarship-Worthy Essay
- Featured Scholarships
- LGBTQ Scholarships
- Scholarship Application Strategies
- Scholarship Information
- Scholarships by Grade Level
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships Trending Now
- Scholarships.com Scholarships
- Sports Scholarships
- Success Stories
- The Common Scholarship Application
Latest College & Financial Aid News
July 2, 2015
It's July and we all know what that means: an abundance of red, white, and blue, fireworks bursting in the sky, parades lining the streets, patriotic anthems filling the air. In the thrill of such a classic celebration, it is easy for us to forget that which we are celebrating: freedom. This year, after the fireworks stop ringing in your ears, try participating in one of these volunteer [...]
July 2, 2015
Are you one of the billion users who enjoys posting or viewing status updates, pictures or articles on Facebook? While Facebook and other social media sites have often been viewed as a distraction in the workplace and classroom, a first-of-its-kind study shows the educational value of these forums that can help students learn scientific literacy and other complex [...]
July 1, 2015
by Ashley GregoWhen most people hear Penn State, they think of the college town located in State College famous for Beaver Stadium and football. It's less likely that people think of the other Penn States - the branch campuses. Technically, they are the same university...but perception is different. Although main campuses may offer more activities, different classes and a completely [...]