Simplify Scholarship Essay Writing
When entering college scholarship essay contests, it is very important to practice sound organizational skills. Even though each scholarship application essay question will be different, there is certain information you are likely to need for several forms. It is in your best interest to pull relevant documents together and keep them in one place so you won’t have to keep digging up the same information over and over. Setting up a file for all of your scholarship application forms and the information needed to fill them out will go a long way toward helping simplify scholarship essay writing.
Each scholarship will have different requirements. For instance, the Rhodes Scholarship requires a 1,000-word essay in which you explain the reasons why you want to study at Oxford. No matter whether you are applying for a local scholarship or one as prestigious as the Rhodes Scholarship, it’s important to stay organized.
- Avoid waiting until the last minute to complete scholarship applications.
- Create a calendar of scholarship essay competition deadlines and check it regularly.
- Draft a list of extracurricular activities and keep it updated.
- Keep all scholarship application forms in a file.
- Keep a copy of your most recent transcript in your file.
- Make a list of names and contact information for people who can write recommendation letters for you.
- Store your scholarship application essays on your computer and keep a back up copy on a CD or flash drive.
- Apply for Scholarships
- Create Success: Find Money for College
- Etiquette and the Scholarship Search
- Finding Scholarships; How & Where to Look
- High School Students: Investigate Scholarship Options Early
- Scholarship Application
- Scholarship Application Deadlines
- Scholarship Essays: Efficient Scholarship Essay Writing for the Uninitiated
- Scholarship Guidelines; Help Us Help You Find Scholarships
- Scholarship Strategy: Creating a Successful Approach
- Scholarship Strategy: The Scholarship Application Process
- Simplify Scholarship Essay Writing: Get Organized
- The Scholarship Letter of Recommendation
- Tips for Formatting Scholarship Application Essays
- Top 10 Tips for Directing a Scholarship-Worthy Video
- Top 10 Tips for Writing Effective Scholarship Essays
- Winning Scholarships; Attention to Detail Will Pay Off
- Write A Scholarship-Worthy Essay
- Featured Scholarships
- LGBTQ Scholarships
- Scholarship Application Strategies
- Scholarship Information
- Scholarships by Grade Level
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships Trending Now
- Scholarships.com Scholarships
- Sports Scholarships
- Success Stories
- The Common Scholarship Application
Latest College & Financial Aid News
October 8, 2015
by Susan DutcaThis past Saturday at 9 a.m., players arrived at the University of Cincinnati's basketball arena for a two-day tournament hosted by the UC's League of...Legends? Yes: The university now considers League of Legends an official club sport, just like soccer or rugby. With 14,000 people watching the tournament online, the event became one of the largest collegiate e-sports events with participants [...]
October 6, 2015
by Susan DutcaLast week, a Mount Holyoke College professor allegedly went around his class trying to guess what racial slurs minority students might have been called in their lifetime. Students claimed the exercise was a form of racial discrimination. In this day and age, we are more politically correct than ever before. College students now think twice before raising their hands to offer an opinion on [...]
October 5, 2015
by Erica LewisOh, yes, group projects. When it comes to group projects, you either love 'em or hate 'em. There's really no in-between. So how do you keep your cool when you can't stand your partners or the project itself? Divide the work evenly. Don't let one person do all the work and then have the other names attached to the project. Although the load may be carried more heavily by one [...]