The Lyly Koenig Mendez Memorial Artistic Scholarship provides financial assistance and promotion of Asian American college students pursuing a major in fashion and/or graphic design.
Awards: $1,000.00 to be applied towards school tuition and fees
**Please note that funds will be disbursed directly to the educational institution in the student’s name.
General Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be of at least 25% Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity
• Must be a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the U.S.
• Must be either a high school senior or a college student currently enrolled full-time at an accredited U.S. vocational, junior college, or four-year college/university and must be a full- time, associate/bachelor/master degree-seeking student by the upcoming academic calendar year and pursuing a major in fashion or graphic design.
• Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities
• Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted)
• Family of the ATG Board members are ineligible
Selection Criteria: Selection is based on a rating system judged in five major categories. The candidate with the highest combined cumulative points will receive the scholarship. These categories are:
• Quality of content submission (essay, artistic portfolio)
• Academic performance
• Leadership/community service experience and contribution
• Letters of recommendation
• Phone/in-person committee interview
For more information or to apply, please visit the scholarship provider’s website.