The DAR Alice W. Rooke Scholarship $5,000 scholarship awarded to one student who has been accepted into or who are pursuing an approved course of study to become a medical doctor (no pre–med, veterinarian, or physician assistant) at approved, accredited medical schools, colleges, and universities. The scholarship is not automatically renewable; however, the applicant may reapply for up to four years.
- Scholarship Amount: $5,000
- Field of Study: Medical Doctor (Excludes pre-med, veterinarian, or physician assistant)
- Renewable: Not automatic, but applicants can reapply for up to four years
- Academic Pursuit: Applicants must be accepted into or actively pursuing a course of study leading to a medical doctor degree.
- Must be attending one of the approved and accredited medical schools, colleges, and universities
- Educational Path: Ensure you are on the path to becoming a medical doctor (excludes pre-med, veterinarian, or physician assistant).
- Institution: Enroll in or be accepted by approved and accredited medical schools, colleges, or universities.
- Application Renewal: Keep in mind that the scholarship is not automatically renewable, but you can reapply for up to four years.
This scholarship is provided by the Daughters of the American Revolution. The Daughters of the American Revolution is an organization with a deeply rich history while also being truly relevant in today’s world. More than 1,000,000 women have joined the organization since it was founded over 125 years ago. They became members to honor their heritage as well as make a difference in their communities across the country and the world.