Papy Wellington Saygbay $1000 Scholarship. Scholarships are for students in Dallas, Fort Worth area ONLY
(50% payable once proof of acceptance and registration. The other 50% is paid after 1st semester grades are passing and sent to L.I.T.E point of contact).
• Scholarship is available to currently enrolled African American male or female seniors only
• Applicant must be planning to major in Fine Arts and have a career in the arts (singer, film producer, dancer, actor, writer, photographer, gaming, etc.)
• Applicant must have at least 2.5 GPA on 4.0 scale or equivalent.
• Application must be completed and received by the application deadline date.
• An application will be considered for review only if it is fully completed with a single photo of the applicant (digital high resolution preferred).
• Must submit 2 letters of recommendation: these may be from a professor or administrator or from a person in the community (i.e. minister, community affiliate, or chapter advisor) familiar with the applicant.
• Applicant will be required to submit a YouTube video link no more than 5 minutes displaying your gift and explaining how you plan to change the industry by having a career in Fine Arts.
• All applicants will be asked to attend a structured interview and must be present to be considered.
• Please be sure to complete all parts of your application, and include all requested supplemental information (photo, 2 letters of recommendation, YouTube video link, and official transcript). Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
• Completed applications must be received by the application due date (March 1, 2019). Applications received after this date will NOT receive consideration for an award.
• Applicants selected as finalists MUST complete a structured interview with the Scholarship Committee in March 2019. Finalists MUST attend the interview to be considered for an award. For more information or to apply, please visit the scholarship provider’s website.