Since 1994, the Quad City Engineering and Science Council, in collaboration with its member societies, local businesses, and regional universities, has been annually providing one-time scholarships to high school seniors pursuing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) studies. This past year, 17 scholarships totaling $33,000 were awarded at the Annual National Engineers Week STEM Celebration on February 23rd.
- Multiple one-time grants/scholarships
- Awards range from $1,000 to $2,500
- Selection based on academics, civic/community service, extracurricular involvement, career goals, and an essay
- Funds must be applied to tuition or fees related to STEM degree pursuit
- High school senior and resident of one of the following counties:
- Rock Island
- Louisa County
- Plan to study STEM-related degree at an accredited four-year college or university, pursue an associate degree at a community or junior college, or obtain a skilled trades certification
- Complete the application form
- Provide necessary documentation, including academic records, essay, and references
Winners will be requested to provide a photo for publication with the award announcement in the QC local newspapers and on the QCESC website. Contact information may be shared with our member organizations for the opportunity of additional scholarships.