The Catholic Community Foundation of Southwest Florida is proudly offering the Mary Fran Carroll Scholarship, an academic scholarship made possible through the Catholic Legacy of Mary Fran Carroll. Through Ms. Carroll’s generous gift to the Foundation, academic scholarships of $3,500 each will be available to residents of Sarasota County, Florida.
- $3,500 annual scholarship for tuition, books, and fees (housing and living expenses not eligible)
- Renewable annually for a total of $17,500 over five years for undergraduate studies with a minimum 3.2 GPA
- Residents of Sarasota County, Florida, including current high school seniors or recent graduates (within the last two years)
- Graduates from Catholic, private, or public high schools in Sarasota County
- Acceptance into an accredited college or university
- Completion of an ethics course during college/university career (suggested, not required)
- Optional letter of recommendation from the student’s pastor or spiritual leader
- Community service
- Complete the application and financial needs assessment, including SAI score from the 2024-25 FAFSA
- Attend a course of study leading to a specific career, with a clearly articulated career plan in the application
- Submit optional letter of recommendation from student’s pastor or spiritual leader during the application process
- Emphasize academic performance and community service
Scholarships in the amount of $3,500 will be awarded for tuition, books and fees (housing and living expenses are not eligible). Residents of Sarasota County, Florida, aspiring to pursue undergraduate studies, are encouraged to apply.