The Hatfield Foundation, established in 2021, is dedicated to supporting first-generation college students in their academic pursuits. Recognizing the challenges faced by these students, the foundation goes beyond offering financial assistance, providing a comprehensive program that includes scholarships, mentoring, and educational resources. Applications open in early January.
- Four $5,000 scholarships offered
- Ongoing mentoring and support
- Access to enriching educational resources
- High school seniors graduating in the current academic year
- Planning to attend an accredited 4-year university in the upcoming fall semester
- First-generation college students (neither parent holds a bachelor's degree or higher)
- Maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher throughout high school
- Participation in at least one college readiness program during high school
- Completion of the SAT or ACT
- Demonstrate a genuine financial need
- Prepare your scholarship application
- Submit your application when applications open in early January
- Selected recipients will benefit from financial support, mentoring, and educational resources
The Hatfield Foundation's holistic approach to scholarship support reflects its commitment to nurturing the educational journey of first-generation college students. By addressing both financial and educational needs, the foundation aims to contribute significantly to the success of these individuals as they embark on their higher education endeavors.