L. Ron Hubbard’s Illustrators of the Future Contest is an opportunity for new science fiction and fantasy artists worldwide to have their work judged by some of the masters in the field and discovered by a wide audience.
- A historic and influential contest in the fields of science fiction and fantasy art.
- Open to new science fiction and fantasy artists worldwide.
- Entries are evaluated by industry masters.
- Entrants do not need to pay an entry fee, and they retain all publication rights.
- The contest is open to new science fiction and fantasy artists from around the world.
- Submit your artwork for consideration in the Illustrators of the Future Contest.
- Entries are evaluated by a panel of professional artists.
- Three winners are selected each quarter, receiving $500 each.
- From the quarterly winners, one grand prize winner is chosen annually, receiving the L. Ron Hubbard Golden Brush Award and an additional $5,000 cash prize.
The Contest is open to entrants from all nations. (However, entrants should provide themselves with some means for written communication in English.) All themes of science fiction and fantasy illustrations are welcome: every entry is judged on its own merits only. The Contest is open to new and amateur artists who have not been professionally published and paid for more than three black-and-white story illustrations, or more than one process-color painting, in media distributed broadly to the general public. Winners in each quarter will be individually notified of the results by mail or e-mail. Deadlines are in March, June, September and December.