The Distinguished Raven FAC Memorial Scholarships are awarded annually to eligible descendants or legal wards of Lao or Lao-Hmong individuals who served in the Royal Laotian Military or Hmong forces during the defense of the Kingdom of Laos between 1960 and 1975. These scholarships are sponsored and administered by the Edgar Allen Poe Literary Society (EAPLS), a non-profit organization formed by Forward Air Controllers (FACs) who supported Laotian and Hmong forces in Southeast Asia from 1966 to 1973. The number of scholarships and award amounts vary, typically ranging from $500 to $2,500.
- Annual scholarships presented by EAPLS
- For descendants or legal wards of Lao or Lao-Hmong individuals who served between 1960 and 1975
- Awards in memory of Ravens who sacrificed for freedom
- Open to descendants or legal wards of Royal Laotian Military or Hmong forces
- High school seniors or graduates pursuing undergraduate degrees
- Enrollment in accredited U.S. colleges, junior colleges, universities, or technical/trade schools
- No consecutive or more than two scholarships for an individual
- Complete the application form and mail it to Raven Scholarship at 4320 Saddle Ridge Trail, Flower Mound, Texas 75028.
- Applications must be postmarked by February 28th of the application year.
- EAPLS board members evaluate applicants based on academic achievement, goals, character, service, and essay quality.
- Financial need is considered, especially for technical/trade school applicants.
- Winners may be asked for a digital photograph for publication on the Raven FAC website.
- Recipients will be notified by April 30th, with announcements posted on the Raven website.
If you are a descendant or legal ward of a Lao or Hmong veteran and are pursuing higher education, consider applying for these scholarships. They aim to support your educational journey by covering tuition, lab fees, books, and other direct educational expenses. The Ravens honor the legacy of those who served and sacrificed for freedom, and this scholarship program is their way of giving back and encouraging your success.