The Hill Country Master Gardeners Association (HCMG), a non-profit organization dedicated to volunteer education and community service, is pleased to announce the availability of three $2,000 scholarships in horticultural science for the upcoming academic year. Our aim is to provide financial support to deserving undergraduate or graduate students at Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tarleton State, or Stephen F. Austin State Universities who are passionate about advancing knowledge in horticultural sciences.
The Scholarship Committee of HCMG will oversee the general administration of the scholarship program. The committee will thoroughly evaluate all applications, and an interview may be required. The application deadline is May 31 of the current year, and all applicants will be notified of the selection decision by June 30 of the current year.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be pursuing a degree in the horticultural sciences.
• Be a full-time student at one of the specified universities (Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tarleton State, or Stephen F. Austin State). Full-time status is defined as 12 hours for undergraduates and 9 hours for graduate students, or as defined by their respective universities.
• Be at the junior level (60 hours) or above, with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
• Be a Texas resident. Preference will be given to students residing in Kerr, Kendall, Gillespie, Medina, Real, and Bandera Counties. If no applicants meet this residency criterion, other Texas residents meeting all other criteria will be considered.
• Each scholarship will be disbursed in two installments: $1,000 at the beginning of the fall semester and $1,000 at the beginning of the spring semester.
• Recipients are required to maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and be full-time students during each semester covered by the award.
• Proof of meeting these standards is mandatory before the disbursement of the second semester scholarship installment.
• HCMG, Inc. reserves the right to withhold unpaid portions of the scholarship if the recipient fails to meet the specified requirements.
• Recipients are eligible to apply for subsequent scholarships.
We encourage aspiring horticulturists to apply and become part of our mission to promote education and service in the field of horticultural science.