The UCB Family Epilepsy Scholarship Program offers educational scholarships to people living with epilepsy, family members and caregivers to help them fulfill their dreams. Applicants must be a legal resident of the United States who is living with epilepsy or a family member/caregiver of a person living with epilepsy and must be seeking an associate's, undergraduate, or graduate degree or enrolled in a trade school educational program.
- Scholarship supporting students with epilepsy or with a family member/caregiver with epilepsy
- $10,000 award
- Living with epilepsy or has parent or guardian with epilepsy
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.
- Seeking associate's, undergrad or graduate degree or enrolled in trade school
- Review rules and eligibility
- Gather materials and requirements
- Submit application with required materials
Thirty applicants who demonstrate academic and personal achievement will receive scholarships of up to $5,000 each. Two applicants will receive Epilepsy Leader Scholarships of up to $10,000 each honoring the late Sandra Helmers, MD, MPH, and the late John M. Pellock, MD, two prominent figures in the epilepsy community who passed away in 2016. Additionally, UCB will award one applicant the Joe D’Souza Memorial Scholarship of up to $10,000.