The Virginia Pest Management Association (VPMA) offers renewable scholarship awards in both spring and fall semesters to undergraduate and graduate students at Virginia Tech specializing in structural pest management. This scholarship aims to recognize outstanding students whose research and extension activities contribute or will contribute to the pest management industry, encouraging them to pursue careers in urban pest management. Dollar amounts will vary.
• Applicant must be enrolled at Virginia Tech during the scholarship awarding.
• High school seniors may apply but must be enrolled at Virginia Tech during the awarding.
• Applicant must be a full-time student.
• Enrolled in a program emphasizing the technical aspects of structural pest control.
• Complete and submit an application form.
• Submit a current curriculum vita or resume.
• Provide a one-page, double-spaced essay detailing how your studies, research, and work will contribute to the structural pest management industry in Virginia.
• Submit two letters of recommendation from faculty advisors and/or industry employers, addressing your work ethic, progress in coursework and research, and participation in industry training programs and conferences.
Provisions of Award:
Recipient must provide a written progress report on recent research, academic, or extension activities to VPMA at least once a semester.
The recipient is required to give at least one presentation of their research to VPMA industry professionals, participate as an instructor in at least one training session for VPMA, or write a technical article for the PMP Reporter.
Submission deadline for complete application packets is January 30th for Spring Scholarships and August 30th for Fall Scholarships.
Notification to students will be sent via email in February for the Spring semester and in September for the Fall semester.