The Pedro Zamora Young Leaders Scholarship strives for equity across all lines. From increasing scholarship offerings to HBCU and HSI recipients to expanding visibility for LGBTQ+ students, this scholarship strives to ensure that young activists from all walks of life have the opportunity to carry Pedro’s torch forward and make a difference in their communities.
- Supports young activists in health and social justice fields
- Strives for equity and expanded visibility for diverse activists
- Over $600,000 awarded to 154 scholars since 2009
- Generously supported by Gilead Sciences and other partners
- Open to current or incoming undergraduate students (27 and younger)
- Enrolled in a U.S. community college or four-year university
- Engaged in health and social justice activism, beyond just HIV/AIDS
- Determine if your activism aligns with the scholarship’s goals
- Apply as a current or incoming undergraduate student in the U.S.
- Submit your application highlighting your activism and aspirations
For all recipients of the Pedro Zamora Young Leaders Scholarship, the National AIDS Memorial offers a free and optional AIDS Memorial Quilt Campus Display Program. Dedicated to continuing Pedro’s legacy, the Pedro Zamora Young Leaders Scholarship supports the academic pursuits of young activists working in their communities who carry Pedro’s torch forward. These young activists pursue a bold vision: never again will a community be harmed because of fear, silence, discrimination, stigma, or hate.