Targeting Excellence scholarships are awarded to both undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in an agricultural (ag) curriculum. Preference will always be given to applicants with a desire to work in some aspect of food animal production (poultry, swine, beef, dairy, or other species) and to students enrolled in regions where fund-raising events are held (awards areas include Alabama, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin).
- Be accepted or enrolled in a College of Agriculture which offers courses in food animal production.
- Be enrolled in classes effective September 1st following the awarding of the scholarship.
- Have a strong desire to pursue a career, upon graduation, in some aspect of food animal production.
- Preference will be given to students who attend schools in regions where fundraising events were held. The preference regions awards are Alabama, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
- Additional consideration will be given to students who previously attended a Targeting Excellence event.