The mission of Students with Heart Foundation is to provide financial assistance by means of scholarships for both undergraduate and graduate students who suffer from all different types of heart disease and deformities, thus relieving some of the stress from the rough and rigorous journey they will face throughout college.
Criteria for Scholarship
- Scholarships are awarded per academic year, with the possibility of renewal for subsequent academic years.
- Eligible students are those in the process of entering college this calendar year or currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Students starting college this academic year must provide a College Acceptance Letter, an Official Schedule for their first semester, and High School Transcripts.
- Application period begins on July 1st and ends on October 1st. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- All applicants must be currently enrolled in a United States Accredited College/University and maintain a full course of study of 12 or more credits.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens, Nationals, or Permanent Residents at the time of application.
- Applicants must have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 at the time of the application.
- Applicants must provide a letter from a licensed physician, declaring that the applicant suffers from any cardiac disease or deformities. No medical records, including progress notes, will be accepted.
- All applicants must submit an official transcript from their current academic institution.
- Students must also provide ONE letter of recommendation from a previous or current professor.
- All applicants are required to submit a personal statement of no more than 2,000 words and no less than 500 words, describing the obstacles they have had to overcome due to their cardiac disease or deformities.
- All applicants must participate in a personal interview with the President or any of the other delegated board members if requested by the Foundation.
- Awardees will be selected on a case-by-case basis at the President’s discretion, with accompanied recommendations by acting board members. Students with more severe cardiac cases will be put at higher priority; however, all students suffering from Cardiac Disease and/or deformities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Scholarship awards will be disbursed directly to the college/university to which the recipient is attending.
- The number of scholarships and the scholarship award amounts will vary between $500 and $6,000 for the first academic year of the Foundation's existence, with all future amounts adjusted accordingly to the amounts of donations received for that year.
- A letter from a licensed physician, declaring that the applicant suffers from some sort of Cardiac disease or deformity.
- Official transcripts from the current academic institution.
- One letter of recommendation from a previous or current professor.
- A personal statement of no more than 2,000 words and no less than 500 words.
- Applicants must also have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 at the time of the application.
- Applicants who submit extra materials will not be considered for the Scholarship.
- All Scholarship application documents must be received in one completed package via fax by no later than October 1st of each application year.
- Students in the process of starting College this Academic Year must also provide College Acceptance Letter and an Official Schedule for their first semester, along with their high school transcripts.