Are you a veterinary student with a passion for creating a compassionate world for all species? Have you faced challenges or retaliation for pushing for positive change? If you have a vision for transforming human beings’ relationship with other species, we want to hear your story, and you could win a scholarship award of up to $5000!
• Current veterinary student or accepted into an accredited DVM program.
• Prior volunteer or work experience with an animal rights/animal protection/animal welfare organization.
How to Enter:
To enter, submit a 500-750 word essay or a 2-5 minute video on one of the following prompts:
1. What inspired you to become a veterinarian and how do you envision helping change the profession to one that is kinder to all beings regardless of species?
2. Have you ever confronted a situation where you had to choose between your ethics and progressing in your coursework? If so, how did you navigate that? If you haven’t experienced such a dilemma, how do you expect to handle it?
3. Describe an instance where you were faced with the challenge of doing the right thing for others and your own personal gain. How did you navigate that?
4. What role should having compassion for all species, and considering the best interest of others, play in addressing climate change, public health, and food security?
5. What are the challenges of being a vegan veterinary student or vegan veterinarian?
6. Have you experienced directed DARVO tactics when voicing concerns about how we use and treat animals in institutional veterinary medicine? Provide examples of Institutional Betrayal.
All entries must be submitted by September 30.
Scholarship award of up to $5000.
We are excited to hear your stories and visions for a compassionate world in veterinary medicine. Join us in advocating for positive change, and let your voice be heard!