The Harold J. West Memorial Scholarship is a renewable scholarship that offers $2,500 to parents determined to pursue a college degree in Southern California as full-time, degree-seeking students in the Fall of 2024. We understand the challenges you face, and we're here to support your journey towards higher education.
- $2,500 renewable scholarship
- Open to parents planning to attend college in Southern California
- Intended for full-time, degree-seeking students starting in the coming fall
- Must have a child(ren) (marital status is irrelevant)
- Have to be working part time during college - minimum 24 hours
- Have a minimum cumulative unweighted high school or college GPA of 3.2
- Attends or plans to attend a University of California (UC), Cal State University (CSU), or Community College in Southern California
- Household income below the county low income level
- Must be enrolled full time in college or be a high school senior who plans to enroll
- Applies to any school expense, including tuition, textbooks, or school housing (if eligible)
- Must be a US Citizen
- Open to all majors and no ethnicity requirement
- Ensure you meet all eligibility criteria, including part-time work and Southern California college attendance.
- Complete the scholarship application, providing all necessary information.
- Submit your application before the specified deadline.
- Prepare to embark on your college journey with financial support from the Harold J. West Memorial Scholarship.
The scholarship awards will only be used to cover the cost of tuition for attending a college/university, as defined by the institution attended.