The BCRR Great Strides Scholarship, offered by the Bucks County Road Runners (BCRR), is an annual scholarship program for graduating seniors. This year, the awards have been increased to $2,500 each for one male and one female recipient.
- BCRR Great Strides Scholarship
- $2,500 awards for one male and one female recipient
- Recognizing students who apply running traits to overcome challenges and contribute to communities
- Graduating seniors at any Bucks County high school
- Participation in track or cross country for at least three years
- Award applicable to tuition or educational costs for postsecondary learning
- Email applications by 11:59 pm on February 29th
- Include an essay (500 words maximum) detailing plans, goals, passions, and how running has influenced character development
- Provide running plans (150 words maximum) for continuing involvement in running after high school
- Include a Coach’s Letter of Recommendation describing high school participation and character growth
- Include a Second Letter of Recommendation from another influential person, highlighting character traits and contributions to the community
Recipients will be selected based on their essays, demonstrating the traits of a passionate runner, and their potential to apply these qualities to contribute to future careers and communities. Winners will be notified by April 1, 2024, and awards will be presented at the annual Spring Fling (date TBD).