Recognizing the legacy of aviation pioneer Amelia Earhart, the Amelia Earhart Fellowship, established in 1938, aims to support women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace engineering and space sciences. This $10,000 Fellowship is granted annually to 30 exceptional women and can be utilized at any accredited university or college offering post-graduate courses in these fields. With a rich history since its inception, Zonta has awarded 1,704 Amelia Earhart Fellowships, surpassing $11.3 million, benefiting 1,275 women from 76 countries.
- Amelia Earhart Fellowship
- $10,000 awarded annually
- Supports women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace engineering and space sciences
- Applicable at any accredited university or college offering relevant post-graduate courses
- Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree
- Demonstrate a superior academic record in research applied to aerospace engineering or space sciences
- Must be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program
- Completed at least one year of the program or obtained a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field
- Prepare all required application materials
- Submit the application by the specified deadline
- Ensure documentation highlights academic achievements and research contributions
- Selected candidates will be notified of the award
Apply today to enter college with the support of the Amelia Earhart Fellowship. This prestigious award not only honors an aviation trailblazer but also empowers women to excel in aerospace engineering and space sciences.