The National Passenger Corporation, also known as Amtrak, is a corporation striving to deliver a high-quality, safe, on-time rail passenger service that exceeds customer expectations. For 50 years, Amtrak has connected businesses and communities across the country and as Amtrak celebrates its 50th anniversary it looks to the next 50 years and beyond to move America’s workforce toward the future.
- Multiple scholarships available with varying award amounts
- Scholarships cover tuition, fees, books, and equipment required for college education
- Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree on a full-time basis
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 required at the time of award
- Submission of a resume and a 500-word essay addressing specific topics related to rail transportation
- Candidates can apply for multiple scholarships if they meet the criteria
- High school seniors must provide official transcripts and college acceptance letters for consideration
- Review the available scholarships and their specific criteria.
- Complete the electronic application with contact and personal information.
- Submit a resume and a well-crafted essay as outlined in the scholarship requirements.
- Ensure all documentation is accurate and meets the scholarship criteria.
- High school seniors must include official high school transcripts and college acceptance letters.
- Submit your scholarship application before the January 31st deadline.
The Amtrak Scholarship Program provides academic scholarships to undergraduate and graduate college students who have an active interest in the railroad industry. This program has been established to provide support to help encourage academic achievement within railroad programs, ensuring a future in this industry. There are 8 different awards each with a broad set of categories, so all are encouraged to apply.