Bank of the Sierra is dedicated to empowering economically-challenged young adults in its service territories to pursue higher education. We are proud to offer 14 scholarships, each worth $2,000, to high school seniors with aspirations of becoming full-time, degree-seeking college students in the Fall. Your financial circumstances shouldn't limit your dreams, and we're here to support your journey.
- 14 scholarships available
- Each scholarship is valued at $2,000
- Intended for high school seniors planning to attend college full-time in the coming fall
- Current high school seniors who reside in the counties of Fresno, Kern, Kings, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, or Tulare.
- Plan to attend a U.S. Accredited 4-Year College/University or a Community College and will be enrolled as a freshman in the Fall (if selected, must submit college acceptance letter for verification)
- A minimum cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 2.5
- A household income at or below the Low to Moderate Income Level (must be able to show tax return should applicant be selected for award)
- Open to all majors and there is no ethnicity requirement
- Employees of Bank of the Sierra and their immediate family members are NOT eligible to apply
- Ensure you meet all eligibility criteria, including residency and college enrollment plans.
- Complete the scholarship application, providing accurate information.
- Submit your application along with any required documents before the specified deadline.
- Prepare to embark on your college journey with financial support from Bank of the Sierra.
The scholarship awards will only be used to cover the cost of tuition for attending a college/university, as defined by the institution attended.