Discover Manufacturing has awarded over $25,000 in scholarships since 2018 to exceptional students planning to use their skills and education to make the Advanced Manufacturing Industry a rewarding career.
• Over $25,000 in scholarships awarded to date.
• Multiple scholarships ranging from $500 to $2,000.
1. Skilled Trades Technical Training:
• For continuing education, including adults and apprentices.
2. High School Seniors:
• For graduating high school seniors pursuing manufacturing-related programs.
• An online application expressing your interest.
• A 500-word essay for high school seniors: "Why manufacturing is the right career path for me and how I plan to make a difference in a manufacturing environment."
• Renewals: Scholarships are renewable up to $1,000 based on an application and interview. Renewal applicants are exempt from the essay requirement.
• Renewable for prior recipients, up to $1,000.
• Renewal based on application and interview.
• Maximum of 2 years.
Scholarship Winner Experience:
• Winners and their parents/guardians attend an award reception.
• Winners read their essays to Discover Manufacturing members and receive their scholarship.
• Interaction with manufacturers and education partners.
• Students residing in Kent, Ottawa, Allegan, Barry, Ionia, Montcalm, or Muskegon counties will receive additional points in scoring. Students from surrounding areas may be considered with a strong statement of connection to West Michigan or attending school in West Michigan.
• Plan to attend a post-secondary educational institution in Michigan or demonstrate a strong connection to West Michigan.
• "Why manufacturing is the right career path for me and how I plan to make a difference in a manufacturing environment."
• Include experiences, skills, or exposure to the manufacturing industry, e.g., First Robotics, manufacturing work experience, Manufacturing Week events, or related activities.
• Essays reviewed by the selection committee.
• Finalists undergo interviews (virtual or in-person) before determining recipients.
Discover Manufacturing Scholarships are your gateway to a rewarding career. Apply now and showcase your passion for manufacturing through your unique story and aspirations!
Criteria used in the awarding of these Scholarships include:
• All applicants must plan to attend a post-secondary educational institution in the state of Michigan to be eligible.
• Essays will be reviewed by the Selection Committee and scored to identify Finalists.
• Finalists will be interviewed (either virtually or in person) by members of the Scholarship Selection Committee prior to determining recipients.
• Alternate non-monetary resources including mentorships, internships, training, and job shadowing opportunities may be offered to qualified individuals not ultimately selected for scholarship awards.
• High school seniors selected must furnish the selection committee with a copy of their college acceptance documentation prior to funds being released.
• Skilled trade recipients must furnish the selection committee with enrollment documentation or acceptance information within a qualified program prior to funds being released.
• In the unlikely event the above documentation paperwork cannot be provided, the offer of a scholarship may be withdrawn with an alternate recipient selected.