The New England Statistical Society (NESS) Scholarships was created for underrepresented minorities. Designed to foster diversity and inclusivity, these scholarships support graduating high school seniors and first/second-year undergraduates pursuing careers in data science-related fields. NESS is committed to advancing the representation of underrepresented groups and enhancing diversity within its community and the broader statistics and data science domains.
- Support for graduating high school seniors and first/second-year undergraduates
- Targeted towards those interested in statistics, quantitative fields, math, engineering, and computer science
- Scholarship amount varies annually based on available funding
- Winners announced at the NESS Symposium in May
- Graduating high school senior or first/second-year undergraduate student
- Black, Indigenous, or Person of Color (BIPOC)
- Enrolled in a U.S. college or university for the upcoming 2023-2024 academic year
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in statistics and data science
- Priority given to those eligible for a Federal Pell Grant Program
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria
- Submit your application by the specified deadline
- Wait for the announcement of winners at the NESS Symposium
- Winner packets distributed at the end of October (once registration is confirmed)
Be a part of a community dedicated to shaping the future of statistics and data science. Apply now and contribute to the diverse and dynamic landscape of these fields. Don't wait until the deadline is right around the corner, start putting together all the materials you need and apply today!