The Danone North America Gut Microbiome, Yogurt, and Probiotics Fellowship Grant is a prestigious award offering $25,000 each to two graduate students excelling in science with a focus on the gut microbiome, probiotics, and yogurt in human health and wellness. This grant encourages innovative research in health and wellness, specifically emphasizing in vitro and ethical human clinical studies. The program is committed to advancing scientific knowledge in food, nutrition, and health without relying on animal testing.
- Two grants of $25,000 each for graduate students
- Focused on the gut microbiome, probiotics, and yogurt in human health and wellness
- Research should prioritize health and wellness, avoiding commercial probiotic strains
- Award applicable towards tuition or research-related projects
- Full-time enrolled graduate students in an accredited U.S. institution
- Studying topics related to the gut microbiome, probiotics, and yogurt
- Good academic standing with confirmation from the institution
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency required
- Submit a project proposal relevant to the field of study
- Complete and upload the application online between January 9th and March 1st
- Include written essays, official transcript, CV or resume
- Obtain one letter of recommendation from a faculty member or advisor by March 1st
The award may be applied towards tuition or research-related projects or as otherwise allocated at Danone’s sole discretion. It will be payable directly to the student’s educational institution to support their continued education on related topics.