Won Buddhism of Chicago awards scholarships to graduating high school seniors from high schools located in Illinois. Applicants are evaluated on various attributes including but not limited to academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, leadership, community activities, and financial need. Awards available: 3 ($1,000 each awardee). If applying by mail, you do not have to submit the online application and vice versa.
- Total of $3,000, divided into three scholarships of $1,000 each
- Deadline for application is April 1st, by 5pm Central Time for online submissions
- Winners announced by April 16th, and must attend an award ceremony on April 28th
- Graduating high school seniors from Illinois
- Minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0
- Submission of a complete application, official transcripts, and SAT or ACT scores
- Verify eligibility by ensuring you meet the GPA requirement and are attending an Illinois high school
- Complete the application form and gather your official high school transcripts and test scores
- Submit your application by the deadline either digitally through Google Forms or by mail
- Prepare a digital photo for press release purposes if awarded
To be eligible for consideration for a scholarship, the student must be expected to graduate with an overall high school unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time of application. Each Scholarship Application must include a complete application form and a copy of official high school transcripts (from 9th Grade through present), including SAT or ACT scores, if available. If applying by mail, you do not have to submit the online application and vice versa.