The Rise Foundation Scholarship is your opportunity to receive support for your college journey. If you are a high school senior in a Chicago Public School, coming from a single-parent household, and have a story to share about your pandemic experience, we encourage you to apply.
- $500 scholarship for college expenses.
- High school seniors from low-income, single-parent households in Chicago Public Schools.
- Submit a 500-word essay on your pandemic experience and adjustments to online learning.
- High school senior in a Chicago Public School.
- Must come from a single-parent household.
- Accepted and enrolled in a 2- or 4-year degree program.
- Attend 3 out of 5 remaining Rise Foundation workshops.
- Ensure you meet the specified criteria.
- Register for 5 Rise Foundation workshops.
- Write a 500-word essay on your pandemic experience.
- Discuss adjustments to online learning.
- Share changes or improvements in relationships with peers and family.
- Submit your essay via the provided Google Form on our website.
- In case of issues, email the essay as a PDF.
Your essay is a chance to showcase your resilience, adaptability, and how you've navigated challenges in the world of online learning. Take the first step toward securing additional resources for your education—submit your essay and be considered for the $500 scholarship. Your unique experience matters, and we look forward to hearing your story.