Investing in the Educational Journey of ESL/LEP Graduates
KYTESOL (Kentucky Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) is proud to announce a scholarship opportunity for ESL/LEP students graduating from Kentucky high schools. This scholarship, valued at $1,500, is designed to support deserving students in their pursuit of post-high school education. The funds will be dispersed in two installments at the beginning of the first and second semesters and can be used for tuition, books, and fees.
Scholarship Criteria / Eligibility:
- ESL/LEP Student: Must be an ESL/LEP student with a native language other than English.
- ESL Enrollment: Should have been enrolled in ESL class(es) during middle or high school years.
- Graduating Senior: Must be a graduating senior at a Kentucky high school.
- Academic Performance: Maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Post-Secondary Acceptance: Should be accepted into a two- or four-year post-secondary institution (college, university, vocational, or technical school) in Kentucky.
- Course Start Date: Must commence the course of study during the year of high school graduation.
- Financial Need: Demonstrate financial need.
- Scholarship Exclusivity: Should not be the recipient of any major academic or sports scholarship or have accepted an appointment to a military academy.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Completed Application Form
- Personal Essay (typed double-spaced)
- Two letters of recommendations (one letter must be from a current high school teacher)
- High School Transcript
- Letter of acceptance from the college, university, vocational, or technical school the student plans to attend
All application materials must be postmarked by April 15th to be considered for the scholarship.
KYTESOL believes in empowering ESL/LEP students to achieve their educational goals and looks forward to supporting a deserving student in their academic journey. Apply today and seize the opportunity to turn your dreams into reality!