The Papy Wellington Saygbay Scholarship is open for Dallas-Fort Worth African American male or female high school seniors only. A minimum 2.5 GPA is required. Applicants must be planning to major in Fine Arts and have a career in a related field. Application must be completed and received by the application deadline date. An application will be considered for review only if it is fully completed with a single photo of the applicant (digital high resolution preferred).
- Focus on students planning to major in Fine Arts
- Application deadline: March 22nd
- Essential application components: completed form, high-resolution photo, two recommendation letters, and an essay
- Currently enrolled male/female Dallas/Fort Worth seniors
- African American students
- Intention to major and pursue a career in Fine Arts (singer, film producer, dancer, actor, writer, photographer, gaming, etc.)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Complete the application form in its entirety.
- Attach a high-resolution digital photo.
- Include two letters of recommendation from a professor, administrator, or community member.
- Applicant will be required to submit a YouTube video link no more than 5 minutes displaying
your gift and explaining how you plan to change the industry by having a career in Fine Arts.
- Write and submit an essay of no more than 1000 words, double-spaced in 12 pt. font.
- Submit the official transcript.
- Attend a virtual structured interview with the Scholarship Committee, if selected as a finalist.
Please be sure to complete all parts of your application, and include all requested supplemental information (photo, 2 letters of recommendation, YouTube video link, and official transcript). Incomplete applications will NOT be considered