The Ab Irvine Scholarship honors the legacy of a dedicated Civitan and supporter of Special Olympics, Ab Irvine. It aims to support college students who aspire to work with children with special needs, covering fields like Special Education, Allied Health, and Mental Health Professions. The scholarship, funded by annual donations, offers financial assistance to students committed to making a difference in these vital areas.
- Awarded in memory of Ab Irvine, a committed Civitan and Special Olympics volunteer
- Two scholarships available, each valued at $2,000
- Funds can be used towards tuition or books
- Open to college Juniors, Seniors, or Graduate Students in specified fields
- Must be pursuing a major in Special Education, Learning Disabilities, Deaf/Blind Education, Allied Health Professions, or Mental Health Professions
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Legal residence in the Great Southwest District (Colorado, New Mexico, or El Paso County, Texas)
- Can be attending any college or university in these states
- Verify eligibility based on field of study, GPA, and residency
- Complete the scholarship application form
- Submit proof of enrollment in an eligible college or university
- Provide academic transcripts to confirm GPA
- Submit application before the specified deadline
The Foundation awards two scholarships (of $2,000 each) to deserving students who are either a college Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student in one of the fields mentioned above.