The Peace Officers’ Memorial Foundation (POMF) was instituted for funding higher education for Texas peace officers’ dependents. Scholarship awards are $500 and the number of scholarships awarded is subject to program funding and donations. We strive to provide one scholarship per CLEAT region, regardless of whether or not the parent/guardian is a CLEAT member. The application opens annually on the first of the year, and the deadline for completed application packets is April 1 every year.
- Scholarship Amount: $500
- Number of Scholarships: Varies based on program funding and donations
- Application Period: January 1 to April 1 (annually)
- Applicant's parent or guardian must be a certified peace officer or detention officer in Texas at the time of application or at the time of the parent's death (CLEAT membership not required).
- Applicant must be a full-time student, either currently enrolled with a minimum of 12 college credit hours or applied to be a full-time student.
- Attendance must be at an accredited junior college, community college, or four-year college/university.
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a teacher or academic mentor.
- Create a resume of school and community activities, including volunteer work and extracurriculars (limited to 2 pages double-spaced).
- Write a personal essay (approximately 300 words) addressing:
- How the scholarship will benefit the student.
- The student's personal connection to law enforcement.
- Impact of law enforcement on the student's life.
- What the Peace Officers’ Memorial Foundation means to the student.
- Provide a headshot photo of the applicant for potential publication if selected.
- Submit a complete application form along with items 4-7 above by the April 1 deadline.
The applicant’s parent or guardian must be a certified peace officer or detention officer in the State of Texas at the time of application for the scholarship or at the time of the parent’s death. They do not have to be a CLEAT member. The applicant must be a full-time student at the time of application, taking at least 12 hours of college credit, or applied to be a full-time student.