WSOS offers Washington students financial assistance, career training, and mentorship opportunities. Most recipients are first-generation college students, women, and students of color. All are pursuing a high-demand, family-sustaining wage career in Washington state! WSOS is an organization focused on removing barriers to getting an education and helping Washington students find their pathway to high-demand STEM and trade careers in Washington state. As an Opportunity Scholar, you will receive the support you need to prepare for your job.
Career & Technical Scholarship Details
The Career & Technical Scholarship supports people seeking an apprenticeship, certificate, or associate degree in STEM, health care, or the trades. If selected, you could receive up to $1,500 per quarter in financial aid and access to mentorship, career training, and other opportunities that will help you launch your career in Washington state. The financial aid you receive can cover tuition and other necessities like housing, transportation, food, childcare, and more.
- Be a Washington state resident with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Enroll in an eligible program at one of Washington's 34 community and technical colleges.
- Not have a bachelor's degree.
- Complete the FAFSA or WASFA forms.
- Have a household income that does not exceed 125% of the Washington state median family income.
Deadlines will vary, depending on which quarter the applicant is applying for (applications either run from September-October, January-February, or April-June).