The Gold Star Mission seeks to honor and support Gold Star Families by preserving the memory of our Fallen Heroes through service to others. In 2017, we began offering scholarships to those who exemplify selfless service, thus honoring our Fallen Heroes. Scholarships can be used to subsidize the costs of tuition, school books, fees, on-campus room and board, approved educational tutoring, and other educational expenses deemed appropriate by the student’s school and approved by the GSM scholarship committee.
- Scholarships can be used to cover various educational expenses, including tuition, school books, fees, on-campus room and board, approved educational tutoring, and other relevant educational costs.
- The Gold Star Mission scholarships are open to all individuals pursuing higher education, whether it's for an undergraduate degree, certificate, or trades/technical certification.
- Applicants must be high school seniors at the time of application, have either a high school diploma or GED, or be currently enrolled in an accredited college or certificate granting institution (such as vocational school).
- Applicants must have an Illinois connection.
- Prepare your scholarship application during the specified application period, which is for the Scholarship Program from November 1st to February 1st.
- Submit your application online as we are exclusively accepting online applications for this program.
The Gold Star Mission is proud to offer scholarships to ALL who are seeking higher education, whether it be an undergraduate degree, a certificate, or a trades/technical certification. To apply for a Gold Star Mission Educational Scholarship, applicants must be a high school senior at the time of application, have either a high school diploma or GED, or be currently enrolled in an accredited college or certificate granting institution (such as vocational school). Applicants must have an Illinois connection.