The Morgan Jayne Hill Scholarship is an annual competition for Illinois high school seniors that is aimed at bringing awareness about Illinois’ Safe Haven Law.
Requirements for Applying
- Open to high school seniors residing in Illinois
- Submit either an Essay (up to 500 words) or Artwork
- Complete the online Scholarship Application by April 1st
All submissions will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee and voted on for awards in each category. Scholarship winners will be notified if they have won a scholarship by May 1st.
- Two $1,000 Scholarships for best Essay
- Two $1,000 Scholarships for best Artwork
- One $500 Scholarship for best Essay Runner-Up
- One $500 Scholarship for best Artwork Runner-Up
By submitting your Essay or Artwork submission, you agree to allow the Save Abandoned Babies Foundation to use your essay or artwork for the purposes of promoting the Safe Haven law.
If you would like to enter the Essay Contest:
- Answer the following question: How did you first learn about the Safe Haven Law and what do you think can be done to raise awareness?
- Use the information found on the Save Abandoned Babies Foundation website to learn about how the law works in Illinois and current efforts to promote awareness about the law. In your essay, suggest ways awareness about the law can be improved so that everyone knows about the law.
If you would like to enter the Art Contest:
- Create an artwork that is aimed at promoting awareness of the Safe Haven Law.
- When creating your artwork, consider a graphic design that could be printed on a T-shirt.
- Use the information found on the Save Abandoned Babies Foundation website to learn about how the law works in Illinois and current efforts to promote awareness about the law.