In 2014, a donor from the congregation of the First Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the Palm Beaches donated funds to be used to offer scholarships to those who are choosing to enroll in either public or private colleges or trade schools. Those students who have demonstrated involvement in social justice work and can state a plan for future social justice work will receive priority.
- Funding Source: Established by a congregation member
- Eligible Applicants: Local high school graduates
- Study Options: College or trade school
- Focus: Demonstrated involvement in social justice in their communities
- Application Requirements: Letter of recommendation, articulated educational plan, and completion of specified application requirements
- Community Involvement: Demonstrated engagement in local community justice work
- Educational Goals: Application to college or trade school with an articulated educational plan
- Recommendation: Submission of a letter of recommendation from a teacher or community leader
- Prepare and complete the HGSJ Scholarship application.
- Secure a letter of recommendation from a teacher or community leader.
- Submit your application and required documents before the annual deadline, usually in March.
- Expect scholarship awards to be announced in early May.
- Join us for a special award ceremony in May to celebrate the scholarship recipients and their dedication to social justice.
Awards will be announced in early May. Scholarship recipients will be honored by the First Unitarian Universalist Congregation at a special award ceremony later in May. Recipients are invited to attend the ceremony.