Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund: Supporting Progressive Activists
The Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund is dedicated to providing financial support to students actively engaged in progressive movements for liberation, self-determination, and social and economic justice in their communities. This scholarship opportunity aims to empower emerging organizers who are making a positive impact. Here are the key details:
- Purpose: The fund supports students actively involved in progressive social change movements.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must be enrolled in a college, university, or a trade/technical program. Active participation in movements for social and economic justice is a key eligibility criterion.
- Financial Need: The scholarships are need-based, focusing on supporting those with financial constraints.
- Grant Amount: The maximum grant available is $15,000 per year, disbursed over each semester, quarter, or term.
- Annual Renewal: Recipients must reapply each year they seek support, even if they have received the scholarship previously.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted no later than April 1.
- Decision Notification: Applicants will be informed of decisions in July.
To be eligible for the Davis-Putter Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be actively involved in movements for progressive social change.
- Be enrolled in a degree, trade, or training program.
- Demonstrate financial need.
The Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund is a valuable resource for students dedicated to creating positive societal change. By providing financial support, it enables these emerging activists to pursue their education and continue making a meaningful impact in their communities.