If you aspire to pursue an occupational or technical program leading to your dream job, the Cal Grant C program in California offers a valuable opportunity. This program provides free financial assistance to students pursuing vocational education, with no GPA requirement. Here's a comprehensive overview of the Cal Grant C program:
1. Occupational or Technical Program:
• Cal Grant C is designed for students enrolled in occupational or technical training programs that are at least 4 months in length.
2. Financial Need:
• The program targets low to middle-income students, offering financial aid to those who meet specific income, asset, and financial aid standards.
1. FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application:
• To apply for Cal Grant C, students must complete either the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application by the March 2 deadline.
2. Cal Grant C Supplement Form:
• If the California Student Aid Commission determines eligibility for Cal Grant C, applicants should complete the online Cal Grant C Supplement Form through their WebGrants for Students account by the requested deadline.
1. Tuition and Fees:
• Eligible students can use up to $2,462 for tuition and fees at any Cal Grant-eligible private for-profit or nonprofit institution.
2. Books, Tools, and Equipment:
• Additional support includes $547 annually for books, tools, and equipment.
3. Community College Support:
• Students attending California Community Colleges can use up to $1,094 for their educational expenses.
Cal Grant C offers 7,761 awards after the March 2nd deadline.
For students eager to embark on a career through vocational training, the Cal Grant C program serves as a valuable resource. It not only provides financial assistance but also eliminates GPA requirements, making education accessible to a broader range of students. If you're interested in pursuing an occupational or technical program in California, consider exploring the opportunities offered by the Cal Grant C program.