The GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program, in partnership with the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation, offers significant financial aid to high school seniors across the nation who exemplify leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship. This program aims to support a diverse group of over 200 student leaders in various fields, contributing a significant amount of $8.2 million to students attending more than 100 college campuses nationwide.
- Awarded students receive a $10,000 renewable scholarship, amounting up to $40,000 in total, which can be used for tuition, school fees, books, supplies, and on-campus room and board.
- Opportunity to attend an exclusive, all-expenses-paid Scholars Retreat in California.
- Continuous support throughout their academic and leadership journey in college and beyond.
- Demonstrate leadership, integrity, drive, and citizenship at school, in the workplace, and within the community.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
- Be U.S. citizens.
- Be current high school seniors in the United States, U.S. territories and commonwealths, including homeschooled students and those on U.S. Armed Forces bases attending high school outside the U.S.
- Intend to enroll full-time in an undergraduate program at an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S.
- Provide basic information about yourself, your parent/guardian, your high school, your top college choice, and your financial situation. Applicants are primarily evaluated based on merit. Financial information is a part of the evaluation, but we encourage all to apply regardless of financial circumstances.
- Detail your involvement in extracurricular activities.
- Describe your participation in community service initiatives.
- Explain your involvement in paid work.
- Submit an essay focusing on your leadership experiences and service contributions.
- Include a statement outlining your goals.
- Provide your high school transcripts (required for semifinalists).
- Submit one recommendation (required for semifinalists).
- Provide financial documentation (required for semifinalists).
- Write a statement reflecting your values (required for semifinalists).
How to Make Your Application Shine
How do you lead and serve like President Reagan?
Showcase examples of your leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship.
The GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program is a testament to the enduring values and legacy of President Ronald Reagan. It is designed to foster the next generation of American leaders by supporting education and leadership development.