The Jimmy Rane Foundation Scholarship is dedicated to helping deserving students achieve their dream of a college education. Having awarded 620 scholarships to date, these scholarships have supported students across the United States in prestigious institutions like Auburn, Alabama, University of Pennsylvania, Harvard, and many more. The Foundation's goal is to empower students to excel in their educational pursuits and inspire them to support others in the future.
- Application Opening: December 1
- Application Deadline: February 8
- Must be used at an accredited institution as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- Not available to employees of Great Southern Wood Preserving, Incorporated, or their immediate families
- Applicants cannot be student-athletes in intercollegiate sports
- Exclusively online or distance learning students are ineligible
- GPA Requirement: Minimum 3.0 for high school seniors, 2.75 for college applicants
- Applicant Age: High school seniors or college freshmen/sophomores, not older than 20 years
- Residency: Must reside in specified states or the District of Columbia
- Status: U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Permits online courses if part of the required curriculum and taught on campus
- Complete the application form with details on academic excellence, leadership skills, community involvement, awards, and honors.
- Demonstrate financial need and describe future goals and plans to achieve them.
- Submit evidence of self-motivation in completing challenging coursework.
The Jimmy Rane Foundation seeks scholars who demonstrate not only academic prowess but also leadership, community involvement, and a strong desire to overcome challenges. Successful applicants will show how they plan to use their education to achieve significant goals and contribute positively to their communities.