Anne and Matt Harbison Scholarship
The Anne and Matt Harbison Scholarship is a $1,500 scholarship awarded to one high school senior with a certified language-related learning difference who is pursuing post-secondary education. This scholarship is renewable for up to three additional, consecutive years.
- Nomination by a P. Buckley Moss Society member (brief letter from nominator stating relationship is optional)
- Verification of a language-related learning disability. Provide a letter (maximum two pages) from your case manager or counselor which details diagnostic information and progress. DO NOT SEND AN IEP.
- High school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation, one from a faculty member at your school and the other from someone who knows you outside of the school setting (not from a relative)
- Essay responses to the following four questions (be specific and convincing):
- Select three words that best describe you and provide evidence and examples of these qualities.
- Explain your specific learning disability, how it has challenged you, specific strategies you have used to cope, and the effects it has had on your life.
- Discuss your accomplishments in extra-curricular, community, work, church interests. Then focus on the one that’s of most importance to you, explain how you became involved in it, and tell how this involvement has affected you.
- What are your plans for next year? What career do you hope to pursue? How would this scholarship benefit you?