ASTA American Express Travel Scholarship
To be eligible for the ASTA American Express Travel Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Graduating senior from a U.S. high school that has the Academy of Hospitality & Tourism (AOHT) Program by the end of this semester or term
- Cumulative 3.0 grade point average (GPA) or greater on a U.S. 4.0 scale
- Accepted at a college or university in the United States or Canada
- Accepted as a full-time undergraduate student in a travel-and-tourism- or hospitality-related program of study
- Accepted as a first-year student at an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the fall of the calendar year of application
- U.S. passport as proof of citizenship, or U.S. Alien Registration Card as proof of permanent residency
- Evaluation and letter of recommendation from a faculty member or teacher in your field of study
- Evaluation and letter of recommendation from an industry professional you worked for; the industry must be related to your field of study
- Essay discussing what segment of the travel and tourism or hospitality industry your current program of study focuses on. What opportunities are you taking advantage of as you prepare for a career in the industry? Please tell us about your academic and extracurricular activities and experiences, i.e. work, internships, etc., and how they tie into your present and future goals. Mention any awards or commendations you have received relating to the travel and tourism or hospitality industry.
- Official transcript
To apply, please visit the Tourism Cares website to access the online application system.