Balanced Man Scholarship - Washburn University
The Greeks had an ideal that could be summed up in one word: arête — excellence in every part of life...moral, intellectual and physical. These together contribute to the development of the whole person. This is the Balanced Man ideal that all members of Sigma Phi Epsilon strive for.
"Always to be the best and to excel over others." - Homer
Every year Sigma Phi Epsilon rewards a select few men who have shown that they are on their way to becoming true balanced men. The Balanced Man scholarships range from $100 to $400.
Requirements for the scholarship include:
- Be an incoming freshman to Washburn University
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Have demonstrated leadership ability
- Have demonstrated service to an organization or the community
- Have some athletic experience, whether varsity, intramural, or recreational
To at some point meet with the VP of Recruitment from Sigma Phi Epsilon and have an interview for the scholarship, please contact theorganization directly.