Beef Industry Scholarship
Sponsored by CME Group & the National Cattlemen's Foundation
Ten scholarships of $1,000 will be awarded to outstanding students who are pursuing careers in the beef industry. Fields of study may include: education, communications, production, research or any other area involved with the beef industry. The purpose of this program is to identify and encourage talented and thoughtful students who will emerge as industry leaders.
Applicants must be a graduating high school senior or full-time undergraduate student enrolled at a two- or four-year institution for the upcoming academic year year.
Graduating high school seniors who have not been accepted to a two- or four-year institution must list the school in which the student plans to attend, or has applied to, on the Cover Page. Multiple schools may be listed.
Applicants must have demonstrated a commitment to a career in the beef industry through classes, internships or life experiences.
Previous scholarship winners are eligible to apply in subsequent years.
The National Cattlemen’s Foundation will administer the program and choose a panel of judges to read the essays and select the winners. Essays will be judged on the basis of originality, grammar, clarity of expression, accuracy, relevance of topic and the solutions offered. Judges decisions are final. The CME Group and the National Cattlemen’s Foundation reserve the right to publish all or any or parts of the essays submitted.
- You must be enrolled as an undergraduate student in a two or four-year institution of higher education for the entire upcoming academic year. Proof of enrollment as a full-time student will be required to receive the scholarship money.
- Write a one page letter expressing/indicating your future career goals related to the beef industry.
- Write an essay of 750 words or less describing an issue confronting the beef industry and offer your solution.
- Obtain two letters of reference from current or former instructors or industry professionals.
- Applications must contain the Beef Industry Scholarship cover page (first page of application).
- Enclose the above items in a single envelope and submit to:
National Cattlemen’s Foundation
9110 East Nichols Ave.
Centennial, CO 80112
All submissions must be postmarked or received by December 13th.
For more information, please call 303-694-0305, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website.