Bering Straits Foundation Higher Education and Vocational Training Scholarships
The Bering Straits Foundation offers scholarships to students enrolled full-time at an accredited college or vocational school. Since the scholarship program is highly competitive, not all eligible applicants are guaranteed funding. Please read the following guidelines and return the application before the specified deadline dates. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Awards given on a semester basis.
- for fall semester is June 30
- for spring semester deadline is December 30
- Must be enrolled to Bering Straits Native Corp. or a lineal descendant.
- High school graduate minimum GPA is 3.0, continuing student minimum GPA is 2.0 for first semester and 2.5 for succeeding semesters.
- Full time students only (12 semester credits, 10 quarter and 9 graduate level).
- Must show financial need after all other sources of funding have been considered.
Award amounts are $500 with a GPA of 3.0 or above and $250 with a GPA of 2.5 or above. Vocational Education awards are $250.