Billiard Education Foundation Academic Scholarship Program
The Billiard Education Foundation (BEF) Academic Scholarship Program is an annual program administered by the BEF Scholarship Committee, under the direction and guidance of the BEF Board of Trustees. The objective is to grant scholarships to high school seniors who have benefited from the sport of billiards and are entering their first year of college.
Awards are offered in two categories: a single BEF “Excellence in Education” scholarship (one $2,000 award) and multiple BEF “Aiming for Higher Education” scholarships (three $1,000 awards). Each single applicant will be considered in both categories; only one completed application is required. The BEF reserves the right to make changes to these published policies and criteria at any time.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) or higher, on a 4.0 scale, is required
- Must certify either ACT score of 23 or higher – OR – SAT combined score (critical reading + math) of 1050 or higher
- Must complete an essay of 500 words minimum (1,000 words maximum)
- Must be accepted to an accredited (by an agency recognized by the US Department of Education) undergraduate academic program by June 1st
- Must attend an accredited undergraduate institution and carry at least 12 hours per semester; if an award is given, all payments are made directly to the college or university and must be claimed by your 23rd birthday