Burg Simpson's Preserving the Civil Jury System Scholarship
In an effort to teach the next generation about the importance of the jury system as the guardian of American rights and liberties, the law firm of Burg Simpson is offering an essay competition for high school seniors. We will award 10 scholarships of $1,000 each for seniors to attend the college of their choice.
The competition is open to any graduating Colorado senior enrolled in an accredited school.
Write an original essay in 1,500 words or less, that describes:
1. how the jury system in the United States is being threatened;
2. how the civil jury system protects your rights as a citizen;
3. the importance of preserving the jury system for future generations.
- Students will submit their essay to Burg Simpson no later than February 7th.
- Essays can be submitted online or mailed.
- Winning selections will be notified on or around March 1st.
- All essays submitted become the property of Burg Simpson.
- The decisions of the Burg Simpson selection board are final.
Winning recipients will be invited to attend a special reception for themselves, their families, and a teacher of their choice, where their award will be presented and their accomplishment will be recognized.
For any questions, please contact Gina Clement at 303-792-5595, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website.