Carlton Hodgson Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded in the memory of Dr. Carlton Hodgson, a deceased and beloved member of Rotary Club of St. Croix Mid Isle, for a graduating senior in the St. Croix, U. S. Virgin Islands school system attending an accredited college or university in the upcoming fall semester.
- A minimum B+ grade average is required, as well as evidence of extra-curricular activities - school clubs, civic organizations, etc.
- Excellent leadership skills must be demonstrated, along with submission of a biography by applicant detailing why he/she is qualified to receive an academic scholarship.
- An involvement in service to the community as it relates to the object of Rotary and its Four-Way Test is required, as well as three or four letters of recommendation from school teachers or school officials.
- An application form will be sent to interested students.
- Completed application must be accompanied by student's family's most recent income tax return.
An annual award of $1,000 is available to eligible students, for a maximum of four years, requiring the student's maintaining a B grade average for each consecutive year of college/university studies.