Christopher Reeve Award(R)
Christopher Reeve Award®
Deadline: October 31
The Christopher Reeve Award® is awarded to those high school students who make a difference in their communities and exhibit exemplary lives of service and compassion. This year's award winner will receive a $1,000 stipend towards higher education and recognition on our site and amidst the local community.
Although direct applications are not accepted, nominations by school faculty or community members can be sent to Rachel Martin at Rachel@heartofamerica.org and should be submitted by October 31st. Nominations should include the following:
- Nominator’s basic contact information (relationship to nominee, address, phone, email)
- Nominee’s age, school attending, and contact information (address, phone, email)
- Length of time doing volunteer work and approximate hours of volunteer service
- Details of volunteer work for various projects
- What sets nominee apart from other volunteers
- Three references (non-familial) with daytime contact information
- Any other supporting documentation (articles, certification, artifacts of projects, awards)
The award will be announced mid-late December. For more information, please visit our website.