Dr. Barbara Odom-Wesley Spirit of Achievement Scholarship
This scholarship is named in honor of Dr. Barbara Odom-Wesley, the chartering president of the Xi Theta Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
This scholarship may be used at any two-year or four-year college or university. Trade, technical, and cosmetology schools are ineligible.
Scholarship applicants will be evaluated heavily on the basis of financial need. In order to be eligible for this scholarship, you must provide a copy of a completed FAFSA or relative income documentation. Applicant must also:
- Be an African-American female high school senior currently attending classes in the Arlington or Tarrant County area
- Provide transcript showing at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 (A) scale, or the equivalent
- Submit a notarized Scholarship Application
- Complete the Academic Profile and have it signed by your high school counselor
- Obtain three letters of recommendation (Letters can be written by a teacher, principal, counselor, community/civic leader, minister/pastor, or member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.)
- Attend scheduled interview if selected as a finalist
Check back for exact deadline date.